Sunday, July 28, 2013

Being the change.....

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."  --Mahatma Gandhi


This quote sums it up....the reason I love teaching.  My job is to inspire.  My job is to help students be their personal best.  I truly, truly hope they learn a whole heck of a lot about history along the way.  Yes.  But it's bigger than that for me.  It's about learning from the past in order to create a better world in the future.

I finally decided on a path in life after reading Christa McAuliffe's biography.  Her words inspired me.  "I touch the future.  I teach." 

Does it get any better than that?  Simple.  Focused.  True.

1 comment:

  1. And you're right that teachers truly do act as change agents. I so appreciate your work and your wonderful attitude and energy!

    ReplyDelete